One of the most flexible options that any staffing agency can ever offer their clients is the option to try out an employee on a temporary basis and then decide whether or not they would like to hire the employee on full time. This is a great option for both the employer and the employee, as it fuses the best aspects of both temporary employees and direct hire services.
There are many reasons that an employer benefits from finding new staff in this manner. Let’s begin with the benefits that are borrowed from temporary staffing and direct placement as separate entities.
- Save money up front by not having to fund the hiring process or costs associated with payroll and benefits.
- Save time by locating a capable employee with a phone call as opposed to the interview process.
- You can immediately replace an employee who leaves unexpectedly.
- You can retain peace of mind knowing that your new staff member is coming from a trusted source.
While those advantages exist for temporary staff and direct placement, temp-to-hire offers its own advantages due to its flexibility.
- You can make sure that your company really needs a new staff member. We have all been there: we identify a gap in our operations and automatically assume that we need a new hire to fill it. Sometimes we regret the new hire because we realize that if we changed some internal processes or simply outsourced something, we could have bridged the gap more effectively and at a lower cost.
- You can make sure that the new hire meshes from a company culture and personality standpoint. It might take a while to truly gauge new person’s personality and work ethic. The temporary aspect of temp-to-hire gives you this trial period.
- We handle your probationary period for you. Temp-to-hire employees come in knowing that the job might not last. In spite of probationary periods, regular hires do not usually take this into consideration. This can make termination considerably more difficult and uncomfortable for the employer.
- You have the ability to easily replace the employee in the event that you decide that you do in fact want another staff member, but feel that the original employee that you located might not work out. It just takes a hassle-free phone call to replace the temp with someone who is a better fit for your needs, which may change slightly after the original employee comes on.
While temp-to-hire is a great option, it may not be for everyone. Some employers know for certain that they need a permanent staff member, while others know in advance that their staffing issue is a temporary situation. If your situation does dictate that you need flexibility you will likely be very happy with the temp-to-hire option. We arrange everything so that you only have to focus on your bottom line.
Running a business can be hectic job. It doesn’t matter if you own the company or are charged with managing a firm for someone else–you have a lot to get done. In some cases it pays to outsource some of the day-to-day tasks so that you can focus on your core functions. One of the tasks that can take up a good portion of your time is the hiring process.
There aren’t always enough hours in the day to post job openings, screen applications and set up interviews. Then you actually have to set aside time to facilitate the interviews and decide whom you want to bring on. While you are doing this you aren’t managing your budget, making sure that your customers are happy or working with your current employees so that everything stays on track.
So why not save a little time by letting an experienced staffing agency take some of the workload over for you? At Labor Systems we know that you have individual needs when it comes to staffing. We also understand that you are a dedicated manager who is focused on bringing in the right people. That is why we offer three different ways to use our staffing services.
Sometimes an employee needs time off for vacation or family matters. Other times you need extra sets of hands, but only for a limited amount of time. A temporary worker, or maybe a few, can make times like this easier for you. We can provide workers for a limited amount of time, who will come in and help you get the job done. Once you are back to normal and don’t need them they are sent on to another company. There is no stress associated with firing an employee or cutting back hours to keep staff on. Temporary workers can help hotel mangers staff housekeepers in Phoenix for a week-long convention or make sure that a contractor in Tempe has the unskilled workers they need to help out with a construction project.
This is one of the most flexible options out there when it comes to staffing. In some instances you might want to bring someone on, but are not sure if you will need the person full time. In other instances you want a full-time employee, but need to make sure that the person is the right employee for your business. In either case request a temp to hire employee. The worker shows up with the understanding that he is working on a temporary basis. If personalities and demand work together, you have the option to keep the temporary hire as a full-time employee; if not they move on to another assignment. While this option is great for any industry, it is especially good for professional businesses. A construction company might want to feel out their need for a secretary, or an office manager might want to try out a new mail clerk. Either way temp-to-hire leaves your options open. We have left managers happy from Bullhead City to Flagstaff.
Hiring can be a lengthy process. If you don’t have a large Human Resources department, you might not have the time for the process. Regardless, you still need full-time staff. That is where direct placement comes into play. We have interviewed and evaluated candidates. You tell us what you are looking for and we match you with a fitting employee. You will have the opportunity to evaluate the employees once they arrive to make sure that they work out for you. If you prefer to go in a different direction, we understand and will send over a more suitable candidate; if not, then all the better. Nothing pleases us more than our ability to match our workers to your needs. Going through a staffing agency for your hiring process can be win-win, except in this case you win twice. You get a great new employee and you don’t have to devote a significant amount of time to doing it!